Sunday, April 15, 2012

Che-Hsuan Lin is Chinese for Moonlight Graham











So the Red Sox needed a backup outfielder for yesterday's game. Up from Pawtucket came Chei-Hsuan Lin. He comes in to one game as a defensive replacement, then is sent back to the minors the next day.

Sound familiar?
Wasn't that Burt Lancaster's fate in Field of Dreams?
Doc Graham played one game as Moonlight Graham with the 1905 New York Giants. He never got to bat and never played in the majors again.

I am hoping that Lin gets into another game some day. Maybe get an at bat without having to resort to hitting a sacrifice fly as a ghost in an Iowa cornfield.

And if he never gets an at bat, I hope he becomes a beloved doctor in Minnesota.

It's possible.



 Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. well it is a little strange for me to see a Chinese baseball player because I have seen Japanese players, but this is the first time I see a Chinese, interesting!

    ReplyDelete