Friday, March 19, 2010

Bad news for the Mariners, Marlins and Brewers




















I have a hunch that there will baseball played in Seattle, Florida and Milwaukee after October 3rd this year.

I feel the Angels have taken a big step backwards and the Mariners have the best 1-2 punch in the division and possibly the AL with King Felix Hernandez and Cliff Lee. And Milton Bradley will be cut by June, so he won't be a distraction.

The Marlins have some dynamite arms in Josh Johnson, Ricky Nolasco, Chris Volstad and maybe even former phenom Andrew Miller. Plus they have the dynamic middle of the infield combo with Hanley Ramirez and Dan Uggla plus defending Rookie of the Year Chris Coghlan.

The Brewers line up should be outstanding as Prince Fielder and Ryan Braun lead the way. And the addition of Randy Wolf to the rotation with Yovani Gallardo should be a big improvement as I think St. Louis overachieved in 2009.

I have not made my official picks yet, but I am leaning to picking the Mariners to win the West, the Marlins to be the NL Wild Card and the Brewers to win the NL Central.

Now my hunches aren't always right, which is why I might be dooming these three teams by picking them.

Remember last year? I picked both the A's and the Reds to not only win their division but to face off in the World Series.

Whoops.

Then again all of my other post season picks were right (including NOT picking the Cubs and predicting the Cardinals would be a playoff team.)

But my collective hunches should be sending shivers down the spines of Mariners, Marlins and Brewers fans everywhere.

Follow sullybaseball on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment