Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ugh

Hey Sox fans... remember when I told you to bottle the good feeling from the two sweeps of the Yankees and winning 15 out of 19 games?

I implied there would be a stretch of teeth grinding games coming soon.

GUESS WHAT???

After going to the Angels game on Wednesday and celebrating my birthday on Thursday, I decided to go to bed before the Red Sox/Mariners game was over.

When I went to sleep, they were winning 4-0.

I woke up this morning, cooked breakfast for my kids and checked the score.

5-4 Mariners?
2 Homers by Ichiro?

ANOTHER LESTER LOSS????

I almost did a scrambled egg spit take.

So let us review the last four games:

Wakefield can't hold a 4-0 lead on Wednesday.
Ortiz strands the population of Sturgis, SD on base on Thursday.
Lester can't be trusted with a 4-0 lead on Friday.

HOO-RAY!!!!

I hate to do it, but I need to update the tally board.


DODGED A BULLET GAMES - 5

April 17 - 10-8 win against Orioles. (Overcame 7-0 deficit.)
April 24 - 5-4 win against Yankees. (Bay homers off of Rivera in 9th to tie it.)
April 25 - 16-11 win against Yankees. (Overcame 6-0 deficit.)
April 29 - 6-5 win at Cleveland. (Overcame 5-0 deficit.)
May 12 - 4-3 win at Anaheim. (Down 3-1 in the 8th.)


TEETH GRINDER GAMES - 3

April 14 - 6-5 loss at Oakland. (Sox blow early 3-0 lead. Lose in 12)
April 28 - 9-8 loss at Cleveland. (Sox blow early 5-1 lead. Lopez drops 3rd out.)
May 14 - 5-4 loss at Anaheim. (Ortiz goes 0-7 stranding 12 runners.)
May 15 - 5-4 loss at Seattle. (Red Sox blow their second 4-0 lead in three days.)


It's down to +1. We need to start dodging some bullets!





No comments:

Post a Comment