Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Sully Baseball Honors THE CHECKLIST CARD



Ahhh the Checklist Card.
The card every single baseball card collector hated to get.

Seriously, were they taunting us?
"Hey Kids! Here's a list of a bunch of cards that are all cooler than a Checklist Card."

Greg Matthews... yup would rather have a Greg Matthews card than a Checklist Card
Chuck Tanner... yup him too.

I guess it is to create a new generation of obsessive list writers (in my case, Mission Accomplished.)





But check out this on from the 1988 Topps series.
The Checklist Card itself is #253.
And right there on the back as you are checking off card you have...








... 253 THE CHECKLIST CARD!

You can check you have the Checklist Card on the back of the Checklist Card.

"Hmmm... 253. Let me see if I have it! Oh yes! I'm HOLDING IT!"

They WERE mocking us!
DAMN YOU TOPPS BASEBALL CARD COMPANY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment