Sunday, September 07, 2008

Football? Are you kidding me? This was a borderline PERFECT baseball weekend!


I didn't watch one play of football this weekend.
Why should I have?

This was a BASEBALL weekend

The Defending World Champion Boston Red Sox took 2 of 3 from Texas and inched closer to the division lead.

The Dodgers put together a stunning sweep of the Diamondbacks completing a total turn around from their disastrous road trip to take over first place, much to my pleasure.

The Phillies and Mets had a wonderful series, causing tension with my Met fan cousins and my Phillies fan cousins.

You had the Cubs finding ways to lose and giving Cub fans, including my boss, reason to dread the Billy Goat again.

You had the White Sox spoil a Frankie Rodriguez save, setting up a Jim Thome walk off homer and the Twins and White Sox both saying "You have the division" "No you... I insist!"

You had the Blue Jays surge into third place while sweeping the Rays in a series that included a come from behind, 2 out 10th inning walk off Grand Slam on Saturday and a 1-0 win on Sunday.

The Yankees continue their remarkable free fall into 4th place against the worst team in the American League, turning Seattle pitchers Brandon Morrow and Ryan Feierabend into the second coming of Walter Johnson and Grover Cleveland Alexander.

You will forgive me, but football didn't even register on my radar.


No comments:

Post a Comment