Tuesday, April 08, 2008

For the second time in my life...

I will see the Red Sox get World Series rings and raise a World Championship banner.

I remember in 2005 (while my kids were barely a month old) that it was the last piece of the magical 2004 season and now it was back to work.

I remember also thinking "I may never see this again."
They brought back so many former Red Sox back then (as well as Celtics and Pats and Bruins) and the roar for Dave Roberts and Johnny Pesky was deafening.

They were playing the Yankees, which gave us petty Red Sox fans some added venom.
Of course I had to see it taped! YES network decided not to air the ring ceremony. I believe they showed the Yankeeography for Ken Phelps.

Give out the rings again... and let's do it again next year

No comments:

Post a Comment