Saturday, September 08, 2007

Francona... please listen to me

Look, none of you listened to me when I told you J. D. Drew was a stiff.

You didn't listen to me when I told you to start Buchholz.

And I turned out to be right about Willy Mo Pena.

So listen to me and listen good!

Dice-K and Okajima have been awesome until mid August.

On August 10th, Dice K was 13-8 with a 3.59 ERA.
Assuming the Red Sox lose this game, and it is currently 11-4 going into the 8th so it doesn't look good, Dice K will be 14-12 with a 4.44 ERA.

And his only win was a game where he nearly blew a 10-1 lead!

On August 8, Okajima was 3-0 with a 0.98 ERA.
Now he's 3-2 with a 1.79 ERA.

Still a great season, but his ERA is up nearly a run and he's starting to blow big games.

They are tired... they haven't pitched like this in their careers.
So do EXACTLY what I say:

Bench them for a week.
One week, shut them down.

They need a rest, give it to them.
Who cares that the Yankees are coming next week? I want these two rested and effective in October.

If that means them sitting out the Yankee series... SO BE IT!
You shut down Schilling this summer and that's worked out.

So shut them down... AND START BUCHHOLZ!
I don't care about the 2008, 2009 and 2010 season now!
This team has as good a shot as any to win the World Series!
Isn't that the point?

So throw Beckett/Schilling/Lester/Wakefield and Buchholz and have Javier Lopez throw to left handers.

And this time please listen to me!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:08 PM

    if they weren't asian, would you have written this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:23 PM

    Dumb question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:13 AM

    actually, I think it's justified.

    ReplyDelete