Thursday, September 27, 2007

Crossing the finish line... I fulfilled my vow!

Back on May 10th, I realized Sully Baseball was too focused on the Red Sox and Yankees and I vowed to write at least one post for every team in Major League Baseball before the regular season ended.

And here we are, after midnight on the last Wednesday of the season and I pulled it off!

So let's review the posts... and for my new readers, you can catch up on your team.



First the American League


BALTIMORE ORIOLES
I told them to bring back the smiling bird hat.

BOSTON RED SOX
Waaaaay too many posts, including this one.

CHICAGO WHITE SOX
I wondered what happened to the team that seemed poised to be a dynasty.

CLEVELAND INDIANS
I questioned their pride before they proved me wrong and ran off with the division.

DETROIT TIGERS
I took pity on Jim Leyland's lungs.

KANSAS CITY ROYALS
I figured they needed a charismatic billionaire more than a farm system.

LOS ANGELES ANGELS OF ANAHEIM
I broke down how underrated a franchise they are, and then told all of baseball to beware of them

MINNESOTA TWINS
I predicted that the Twins would be a factor in the race... I was wrong.

NEW YORK YANKEES
Again, too many including this smug entry.

OAKLAND A'S
I questioned if Oakland was really a major league city... then I broke down the A's many break downs

SEATTLE MARINERS
I applauded their fans for applauding Ken Griffey Jr... and then pointed out that September was not the best time to collapse

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS
I listed the 10 greatest moments in Devil Rays history... it was hard finding two!

TEXAS RANGERS
I wondered how Rangers and Yankees history would have been different if the 1996 Rangers had a closer

TORONTO BLUE JAYS
I encouraged the Jays to demand their fellow country men's loyalty


Now the National League

ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS
I wondered how the D'Backs were winning.

ATLANTA BRAVES
I pondered what innings kept Bobby Cox awake at night.


CHICAGO CUBS
I found common ground between Cubs fans and Thomas Paine


CINCINNATI REDS
I urged the Reds to trade Ken Griffey Jr for the good of the game.

COLORADO ROCKIES
First I wondered who Matt Holliday was... then I wondered if anyone noticed they were winning... then I just declared them champs

FLORIDA MARLINS
I encouraged Cubs, Indians and Giants fans to become Marlin fans


HOUSTON ASTROS
I suggested it was time to cut bait with Brad Lidge

LOS ANGELES DODGERS
I was stunned that Grady Little screwed up a game... and then equally stunned he still has a job

MILWAUKEE BREWERS
I've been openly rooting for the Brewers... and asking them to stay focused

NEW YORK METS
I think the Mets new field is nostalgic for the wrong team.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
I suggested that the Phillies rebuild the Vet

PITTSBURGH PIRATES
Early in the year I told the Pirates to go all in... then questioned their sanity at the trade deadline

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
I wanted the rights to the Rick Ankiel story... before I knew it had an unhappy ending.

SAN DIEGO PADRES
I praised the Padres for the Michael Barrett trade... but reminded them they should have read the fine print when signing Milton Bradley

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
I warned the Giants to not become the Orioles... and then wondered what post Barry life will be like... and was always in awe of my dad's faith in the team

WASHINGTON NATIONALS
I wondered if Jim Bowden was watching the same team we were.



In addition to the individual team postings, I also broke down the races.

AL CENTRAL... why I rooted for the Indians
AL WEST... why I rooted for the Mariners
NL EAST... why I rooted for the Mets
NL CENTRAL... why I rooted for the Brewers
NL WEST... why I rooted for the Diamondbacks
NL WILD CARD... why I am hoping for anarchy

Well... it was a challenge, but I did it.
And now the playoffs are upon us.

If I focus a little bit too much on the Red Sox... I hope you can forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment